leannesbookworld

leannesbookworld

Cruise into Eden (Eden, #1)
Lexi Post
Star Crossed, Teaser Boxed Set: Eight Steamy Excerpts
Rebecca Royce, Ann Mayburn, T.L. Reeve, Sabrina York, Dena Garson, Michelle Fox, Virginia Cavanaugh, Katalina Leon
Claimed by the Dragons: A Dragon-Shifter Ménage (With a BONUS BOOK, for a Limited Time)
Cara Wylde
Cowboy Justice 12-Pack
Susan Stoker, Lexi Post, Becky McGraw, Sabrina York, Cynthia D'Alba, Randi Alexander, Sable Hunter, Donna Michaels, Lindsay McKenna, Delilah Devlin, Beth Williamson, Elle James
Love 'Em
Linda Harvey Kelley
Rescuing Markas
Megan Slayer
The Sordid Promise
Courtney Lane

Cora: Bride of South Dakota

Cora: Bride of South Dakota - Susan Horsnell I had the pleasure of receiving this ARC for review. Thank you Susan Horsnell for bringing me back to these wonderful sweet romances that I used to read before other genres took over.
This story is part of a collaboration between 45 authors to write 50 stories in this Mail Order bride collection across all states of the USA.
Cora is an 18yr old girl promised by her brutal father to an older man. She escapes taking the desperate step to become a mail order bride across the country. I had to google to see where South Dakota was, my first impression was it must be cold and can't imagine it in those primitive times.
I read most of this in one sitting, it certainly was hard to put down. I cried in the middle, the emotions of Cora pulled me in. The author has obviously done her research capturing the time, place and snippets of history in the country and that region at the time.
This was no easy sailing with a young girl on the run, there were twists and turns and just when I thought it was smooth, something major happened (no spoils, read it for yourself).
There is a beautiful HEA and I imagine their life was wonderful into old age. But I'm secretly hoping for a sequel. I highly recommend you buying this story.